Everything is accelerating and fear is ruling the planet. We are afraid of terrorists and climate change; deeply uncertain of the economy, our leaders and what the future holds for our work, our relationships and our communities. What we thought we knew is no longer true. Where are we heading?
We talk more to boxes and screens than we do to one another. We build walls around ourselves, our families and our hearts instead of truly connecting with one another and experiencing the being-ness of our humanity.
Yet each of us has the choice to replace the dark with the light and fear with love. We each have the power within us to make a profound impact in the world. As Margaret Mead said:
“Never doubt that a small group of humans can change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has.”
So I wanted to start off 2017 with 13 thoughts and wishes which I plan to live by and which I hope inspire you and those you care for.
1. Kindness matters at all times. KIND = Knowing Is Not Doing. Walk your talk.
2. Find your unique, creative voice and share it. In a world of robots, artificial intelligence and other smart machines it is the one thing that will determine your true human value.
3. SING whenever and wherever possible, especially with others. It will change your brain and your life and build your tribe. For more inspiration please watch my TED talk ‘How Singing Together Changes The Brain’
4. FAIL = First Attempt In Learning. So never give up on your dreams or what you believe in. Persist, be relentless, exhibit courage and commitment…no matter what anyone else says.
5. Let’s truly love and care for our neighbours. Due to automation and other new technologies, many more people will lose their jobs and things they have been attached to. It will be up to each of us to create neighbourhoods and communities that truly support one another. Listen to the diverse voices and choose to be radically inclusive. Let’s not leave anyone behind.
6. Make a difference in this world in some way. There is nothing quite like giving something of value to others (your time, your money, your wisdom, your talents) and seeing how their life changes. Join our With One Voice social inclusion choirs and find your voice and make a difference to those less fortunate
7. Embrace true diversity. When you start to sit with people who are really different from you on a regular basis your whole perspective will change. Your separation, emptiness and loneliness will be eased. You will realise that we are fundamentally more similar than different. We are one connected universe.
8. Get uncomfortable. It is at the edge of your comfort zone where true growth and learning happens. Try different things and meet new people who stretch you and your thinking.
9. Don’t stay in your box or behind your wall. Ask for the help you need, reach out and imagine what you can become.
10. Get out there and do it NOW. Think exponentially and set your deadline for achieving your goal in one month not in one year. Challenge the status quo. Step up. See what happens!
11. When you write down what you wish to achieve, it is remarkable how you will start to manifest your goals and create the life you wish for.
12. Be grateful. Whatever you focus on will expand so think about what you want. Each night lie in bed and walk through your day reminding yourself of 5 things you are grateful for.
13. As our dear father has always told us: Life is short. The rest of your life starts now.
Let go of the past and do something that matters each day. This day will not come again. Just Do it!
Be a victor not a victim. Shoot for the moon. Think big. Never give up on your dreams. Love lots.
If you feel inspired, please share this with your networks.
For more about the accelerating future, please view our Creative Innovation 2016 predictions video to 2025
Sing for Good once we launch this online global challenge in July 2017
Drop in and join our co-working space Dimension5, attend events and become part of our tribe.
Reach out to us via email: email@example.com
Tania de Jong AM is an acclaimed Australian soprano, award-winning social entrepreneur, creative innovation catalyst, global speaker and spiritual journeywoman. She is the Founder of Creative Universe, Creativity Australia, Creative Innovation Global, Dimension5 co-working hub, MTA Entertainment & Events, Pot-Pourri and The Song Room and works with diverse communities through Creativity Australia’s With One Voice choir social inclusion programs and the global community wellbeing video challenge Sing for Good. She works across the public, private, creative and community sectors. Tania speaks and sings around the world as a soloist and with her group Pot-Pourri releasing 7 CDs. She is Founder and Executive Producer of award-winning future-shaping events series, Creative Innovation Global. Tania’s TED Talk How Singing Together Changes The Brain has sparked international interest. Tania recently released her solo CD Heaven on Earth.Tania’s mission is to change the world, one voice at a time!