- Do you feel your voice is weak and does not project who you really are?
- Have you always longed to sing?
- Do you need to present well in a range of forums?
85% of people have been told by someone that they cannot sing and have a fear of speaking or singing in public. Yet singing is considered as one of the most important social, creative and healing activities for humans. Be inspired by Tania de Jong’s TEDx Talk ‘how singing together changes the brain’.
In this session you will learn:
- Why finding your unique, authentic voice will transform your life, self-expression and presentations
- Some key tips to help you find greater range, resonance and expand the capacity of your voice
- Sing in harmony with others and experience true joy, freedom and peace
- How to tune into the right, intuitive side of the brain, and unleash more of your creative potential
This workshop is suitable for singers and especially non-singers who have been told they cannot sing or have a fear of speaking in public.
- More confidence in using speaking voice correctly and engaging your listeners, aiding effective communication, enhanced leadership, sales and presentation skills.
- Improvement in quality of speaking voice through understanding of connection between the voice and the body.
- Develop better posture, confidence and greater self awareness.
- Learn stress release and relaxation skills.
- Develop more trust, communication skills and teamwork within the group.
- Enjoy honesty, creativity and fun with other participants in a non-threatening atmosphere giving everyone the opportunity to shed inhibitions, laugh at themselves and generally open up. (N.B. Fear of public speaking ranks as the third most-held fear, above death of spouse!)
- Exercises in correct posture for health, confidence and life incorporating basic principles of body alignment, movement, Yoga stretching and strengthening.
- A variety of exercises to help participants become aware of how they breathe leading to awareness and adoption of correct breathing techniques for stress relief.
- Vocal sounds and group games/exercises using the speaking and singing voice incorporating projection, placement and creative colouring of the voice.
- Mock speeches and theatrical monologues to the group followed by constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Creating sustained sounds and learning to blend with the group by the use of harmonies, rounds and “sound baths”.
“Thank you Tania and Andrew for facilitating such an inspiring and deeply enriching afternoon. What a sacred space to share our stories and songs, and such fun! A collective note of joy was struck ! Love and gratitude Amina.” Amina on ‘Voice of Yoga’ workshop
“You opened our hearts… we were overflowing with smiles, light, soul food, illumination and release into the mysteries of the voice as an instrument of healing & joy. The deepest magic was from the whole group embracing and freeing, healing each other and themselves…under your divine guidance.” Barbara on ‘Voice of Yoga’ workshop
“Deepest Love and Gratitude for Sharing your Voices of Love in such a wonderful workshop! I was so amazed at some of the sounds that come from within me!! It really made me realise what an impact the negative ideas we hear throughout our lives can have on us. While I can’t see me on Australian Idol anytime soon, it has helped me to see that anything is possible. Very fitting for me right now as I am on a mission to bust through my “I can’ts”…tick, one down!! :)” Shannon on ‘Voice of Yoga’ workshop
“People are a company’s best resource, and if people learn how to get more out of themselves, everyone benefits. Excellent course! Tania adapted to the groups’ needs and covered a diverse range of subjects.” General Manager Auto Brake Service
Voice teacher, speaker and performer Tania de Jong, (Artistic Director of Music Theatre Australia) will help participants to find and free their natural voice and stage presence in these inspiring workshops for anyone who needs to communicate and present more effectively.
“I have become more confident through using increased passion about the information imparted to interested parties about my organisation. This course threw me out of my comfort zone and it wasn’t so bad!” Participant from State Coroner’s Office
“To look good on the outside is one thing but to complete the picture and feel good on the inside is to do a course with Tania de Jong.” Participant from Marie Brereton Designs
“I could not stop my lips from turning upwards and smiling during the session! It made me feel so happy and alive” Participant from Accenture
“I felt uncontrollably joyous!” Australia Cares Conference
“It brought the group so much closer together – the room was tingling with our combined energy.” Australia Cares Conference