According to Tania, below are the 10 attributes which all innovators have in common:
1. Curious: Innovators actively explore the environment, challenge status quo and investigate new possibilities.
2. Persistent: Innovators are never above a task, they are hardworking, persistent and willing to do “whatever-it-takes” to get things done.
3. Committed to learning: Innovators step in and participate and they continually seek knowledge.
4. Visionary: Innovators are highly imaginative, maintain a future orientation, and think in mental pictures.
5. Celebrate diversity: Innovators choose to work with a purposeful and diverse collection of people and are not afraid to disagree.
6. Flexible/Adaptable: Innovators can handle uncertainty, initiate new projects and are able to adjust the “game plan” as needed.
7. Listen: Innovators are open to input from all parties, learn quickly from feedback and take them on board in the outcome.
8. Take Risks: They go beyond their comfort zone, have courage and take calculated risks.
9. Fail: Innovators are not afraid to fail. They bounce back from disappointment and try again.
10. Desire for Improvement: Innovators respond to deep inner needs, increase efficiencies, and offer enhanced experiences to improve processes for a better ROI.